Note from Girl Meets Nourishment: Hey everybody, Katie here – I am taking a quick break for the next two weeks since my hubby and I are moving into our new place. But I have some excellent guest posts lined up for you! Last up is Tracey Black of Don’t Mess With Mama – she has a wonderful blog filled with delicious recipes, wellness information, and lifestyle tips. Thank you, Tracey!
Need a quick and easy dinner recipe you can make ahead of time? This Cold Asian Sesame Noodles dish is the perfect solution for busy nights or lunch boxes meals that both kids and adults will love.
This recipe is gluten-free, but you can adjust it according to your family’s needs. The hot sauce adds a kick of spice that many adults will love, but you can omit or use sparingly to please young palettes.
Cold Asian Sesame Noodles
- 1 package (8-10 oz.) gluten-free spaghetti or linguine (such as Ancient Harvest pasta – made of quinoa and GMO-free corn)
- 1 cup cooked organic chicken, shredded
- 2 organic carrots, thinly sliced horizontal like noodle strips
- 1 medium organic cucumber, thinly sliced horizontal like noodle strips
- 1-2 tsp toasted, organic sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp organic, creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp water (or more if needed to get the right consistency)
- 1 tsp organic whole cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Organicville Sky Valley Sriracha (a gluten-free Asian hot sauce)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to directions. When done, cool down with a cold water bath for a few minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients together and toss well. Use water as needed to get a medium consistency – not too thick (like a nut butter) and not too thin (like water).
- Drain noodles well, then add sauce and mix well together.
- Top with carrots, cucumbers and chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings.
Tracey Black is the founder and editor-in-chief for Don’t Mess with Mama, where she writes about living gluten free, cooking real (unprocessed) food, green living, natural parenting and eco travel. Check out her amazing blog, Don’t Mess with Mama and give her a “like” on Facebook!
Other Posts You Might Like:
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Unprocessed Fridays #39 - March 7, 2014
- Any Fruit Crumble (Grain-Free) - March 4, 2014
- WINNER – Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Hand Blender ($35 Value) - March 1, 2014