Not too long ago, I was a vegetarian. And I am not lying when I say thing, I loved being a vegetarian. The food is so fresh and flavorful, and to this day, I still LOVE my vegetarian dishes – and it’s also no secret that I love the blog Healy Real Food Vegetarian. Her food is AMAZING! I have made a ton of her recipes and I’m going to say it – I think the recipes she shares with us are by far some of the best on the web!
Hannah Healy really knows how to combine flavors and make meals that are satisfying and taste absolutely divine. I was so excited to get my hands on her eBook “Gluten-Free Vegetarian“, a collection of gluten-free, meatless, soy-free recipes (that instantly had my mouthwatering)! This cookbook has a special place in my recipe repertoire now, and did I mention she has over 80 recipes in there too? The possibilities are endless!
So without further ado, here is the recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza – which is amazing – and I want to thank Hannah, who has graciously allowed me to share this recipe with you.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 head of cauliflower
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp Italian season
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
Topping:1/3-1/2 cup tomato sauce
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
additional toppings of choice
1. Rice the cauliflower by pulsing it in a food processor until resembles rice. Make sure you don’t blend it too much or it will become mushy. If you don’t have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.
2. Put the diced cauliflower in a skillet or pot with a cover and add 3 tbsp water. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
3. Remove pan from heat and put cauliflower over a sieve lined with a thin dish cloth or cheese cloth. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
4. When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle pick up the four corners of the cloth and squeeze as much excess moisture as you can out of the cauliflower.5
5. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the cauliflower in a food processor or bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
6. On a cooking sheet or pizza stone form the cauliflower mixture into a pizza crust shape.
7. Put crust in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Then turn the oven to 400 degrees and cook for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven.
8. Putt tomato sauce and cheese and any other toppings on top of the crust. Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.
More about Gluten-Free Vegetarian
And don’t forget! Right now she has Gluten-Free Vegetarian on sale for 20% OFF for a limited time only – and she’s throwing in a bonus eBooklet on “Grain-Free Vegan Desserts”! Click here to get a copy of you own!